Raleigh garage door safety is important year round, but during the month of June, it’s essential. June is garage door safety month so we hope the tips below will help you keep your garage door in tip-top shape!
Raleigh Garage Door Safety
- Consult the owner’s manual and learn how to use the garage door’s emergency release feature.
- Do not let children play with garage door remote controls.
- If your garage door opener does not have rolling-code technology, be sure to change the manufacturer’s typical access codes on the opener and remote control. Rolling-code technology changes the access codes each time the opener is used to prevent code grabbing. You can also invest in a newer model. Newer models are more advanced in their safety and security.
- Inspect garage doors at least once a month. Make sure to pay attention to the springs, cables, rollers and pulleys. Look for signs of wear. Do not attempt to remove, adjust or repair these parts or anything attached to them. A trained door repairman from Hanson should make modifications to parts that need repairs or adjustments.
- Make sure the opener’s control button is out of the reach of small children.
- Never leave the garage door partially open. Always shut it completely. If left partially open and then activated again, the door may travel down and come into contact with something in its path. Leaving the door open a bit also affects your home’s security.
- Never leave the remote control in the car or with a parking attendant. Consider using a key chain remote and always lock the entry to the inside of your home – especially if your opener is programmed to your vehicle. It is a small inconvenience for safety and security.
- While on vacation, unplug the garage door opener unit. You can also use a vacation lock console security switch. This switch renders a remote useless.
If you need help with any of the tips above, contact Hanson Overhead, Raleigh Garage Door. If you’re looking for a new Raleigh garage door for your home, look no further! Our company reviewed hundreds of different brands of garage doors before settling on the best quality doors available on the market. The quality and look of these of our doors can’t be compared. We are proud to serve you with these products and would be happy to come out and do a free consultation for a new garage door installation. To learn more about our garage doors, contact us!
Leave a Reply