Welcome back! In our last post, we talked about getting your garage ready for fall and offered a few tips on how to do so! Today, our Raleigh garage door repair tech will offer a few more tips, as well!
Raleigh Garage Door Repair: Get Ready for Fall!
Our previous post mentioned a few tips on how to get your garage door ready for fall. Below, you’ll find a recap of the tips. This review will hopefully help you remember to get your garage doors serviced before fall and winter hit, so that you’ll be assured they’re ready for colder weather!
- Tighten door – This takes care of any loose hardware which could result in poor door operation and eventual damage to the door and opener.
- Lubricate door – Our Raleigh garage door repair expert will lubricate all moving door parts with a silicone-based spray lubricant to ensure that your door runs smoothly.
- Inspect bottom rubber – To make sure the rubber seal on the bottom of your door is not torn or cracked
- Check condition of parts – A garage door repair tech will note worn or broken parts and recommend repairs.
- Adjust track – To ensure that your Raleigh garage door opens and closes smoothly
- Adjust springs – To make sure that the spring is not wound too tight or hanging loose
While it’s important to make sure your doors are in great shape, it’s also a great idea to make sure your garage is in good shape, in general! Follow the tips below and get ready for fall!
Get ready for winter. Yes, we’ve been talking about getting ready for fall, but it’s important to get ready for winter before fall, as well. Living in the south, we don’t always have warning before terribly cold and snowy weather. It can hit in late fall, early winter, and come and go during both seasons. Service winter weather equipment now, to save time and be prepared for our unpredictable climate. Also, if you have a generator, make sure it’s serviced and ready to be used, even if you seldom end up using it during fall and winter. You just never know what might happen!
Get summer equipment and vehicles serviced and stored away. Sharpen lawnmower blades, change the oil in all lawn equipment, and make sure repairs are done. Also, storing ATVs and other seasonal vehicles now, after they’ve been serviced, ensures that they’ll be ready to go come spring!
Be sure to visit back with our Raleigh garage door repair techs soon, for more information!
Leave a Reply