Raleigh Garage Door Repair and Upkeep
At Hanson Overhead Garage Door Services of Raleigh, our garage doors are constructed of the highest quality materials and workmanship available. Though all of our doors are the best on the market, it’s important to make sure they operate properly. We like to come out and do regular maintenance checks throughout the year. To ensure proper operation, the following Raleigh garage door maintenance should be performed twice a year.
- Lubricate all moving parts and coat torsion springs with regular grade machine oil.
- Check for loose or missing fasteners. See warning concerning spring components under tension.
- Check moving parts for signs of wear. Pay close attention to end bearings, rollers, hinges and lift cables.
- Check track support system for loose parts.
- Check ease of door operation (if electrically operated, disconnect operator first). Note any binding or unusual noises.
- Check for seal of door against jambs, header, and floor.
- Check that all safety warning labels and tags are in place.
There are things that you can do to keep your garage doors in shape, without the help of Hanson Overhead Garage Door Services. Below are a few tips.
Yearly Cleaning: Use a mild detergent to wash your door. Do not use harsh abrasive cleansers. Those types of cleaners could harm the finish of the door. Check for scratches. Determine if they can be reasonably repaired. If bare metal is exposed, treat with a zinc-based primer. Avoid major touch-ups. The touch- up painting will not match original factory finish. For information on how to fix metal exposed scratches, call Hanson Overhead of Raleigh.
Label Maintenance: Product safety labels should be periodically inspected to make sure they are still there and easy to read. Be sure to clean or replace them as needed. The labels must maintain good legibility at a safe viewing distance. Otherwise, safety issues might come into play.
For additional maintenance or Raleigh garage door repairs, contact your local door professionals at Hanson Overhead of Raleigh. We will do our best to repair any garage door issues, as well as maintain them to the best of our ability.
Leave a Reply