June is safety month for Raleigh garage doors. That means it’s time to brush up on our information. Keeping our garage doors maintained and repaired is a great way to ensure they’re safe to be around. In addition, there are several other things you can do, as well.
Our doors have many moving parts. Over time, they can wear out. When they do, the parts will need to be replaced. Regardless of which part needs repair, be it a roller, spring, drum or track section be sure to contact a epair expert for help getting the correct part and to install it. Repairing garage door components can be dangerous for homeowners to do on their own.
Below, you’ll find more tips that will help you keep safe around your Raleigh garage doors.
Raleigh Garage Doors | Safety Tips
- Check the balance on your garage door. Release the garage door from the opener by pulling the emergency cord. You can then lift the door manually. If your door is properly balanced and safe, you should be able to lift the garage door smoothly with little effort. It should stay open at your knees, your waist, and your shoulders. If your door is dropping in any of these areas and/or it is hard to lift manually, you need to call a repair company.
- DO NOT ALLOW your children to go near or under a garage door while it is moving.
- Get an Annual Safety Check-Up with a professional Raleigh Garage Door Repair Company. If you don’t, you risk a small problem turning into a large problem.
- Never place your fingers between the sections of your garage door. They can be seriously damaged to the point of amputation.
- Explain all the dangers to your children, as well. They must understand how badly they can be hurt by garage doors.
- Never remove, adjust or loosen the screws on the bottom bracket of the garage door. These brackets are connected to the spring(s) by the cable and are under extreme tension.
- Safety Reverse: Since 1993, all automatic garage door openers must include “sensor eyes,” sometimes called “photo eyes.” These eyes are installed 6” from the floor on each side of the door. If an object obstructs the laser beam between the two eyes the door should automatically reverse.
Do you have questions for our Raleigh garage doors expert? Contact us, today to talk with our tech! Hanson Overhead, Raleigh Garage Doors is a quality company that does quality work. Along with an installation, our team also does garage door repair. We even sell garage door openers. If you are having trouble with your current garage door or opener, or need help deciding what kind of doors your garage needs, be sure to visit our homepage for more information about our garage door repair company.