Hanson Overhead | Garage Door Repair Raleigh, NC
“Garage Door Safety Month” is June. We at Hanson Overhead Garage Door Service of Raleigh and the surrounding areas would like to pass along to the public some valuable safety tips.
The Garage Door today plays a much bigger roll to the everyday family. Today, over 70% percent of the homeowners now are entering and leaving their homes from the garage. It plays a key role in the Homeowner’s lives as it is the largest moving object in the home going over the family themselves and their prize possessions such cars, ATV’s, boats, and pets.
Here are some important Safety Tips to follow:
- Do Not Allow your children or even yourselves to go under a garage door while it is moving.
- Check the balance of your garage door. Release the garage door from the operator by pulling the emergency cord you can lift the door manually. If your door is properly balanced and safe, you should be able to lift the garage door smoothly with little effort. It should stay open at your knees, your waist, and your shoulders. If your door is dropping in any of these areas and/or it is hard to lift manually, you need to call a respectable Garage Door Company like Hanson Overhead garage door service.
- Safety Reverse: Since 1993, all automatic garage door operators must include “sensor eyes” or sometimes called “photo eyes”. These eyes are installed 6” from the floor on each side of the door. If an object obstructs the laser beam between the two eyes the door should automatically reverse back up. IMPORTANT- (If your operator does not have sensor eyes, then it is time to buy a New Operator.)
- Never place your fingers between the sections of your garage door. Your fingers can be seriously damaged to the point of amputation. Explain the dangers to your children.
- Never remove, adjust or loosen the screws on the bottom bracket of the garage door. These brackets are connected to the spring(s) by the cable and are under extreme tension.
- Get an Annual Safety Check-Up with a professional Garage Door Company. You should call Hanson Overhead Garage Door service. They are the “Garage Door Safety Experts!”
Call us today at 919-829-0940 or visit our website at www.hansonraleigh.com. If you have any questions about your garage door or need to set up appointment. We are there to serve you.